Why this blog?

"... Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves ... Do not search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. The point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer." - Letters to a Young Artist, R. M. Rilke

Rooted in the promise and challenge of growth ...

these are letters from a young teacher.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Miss Avery's portfolio is accepted!

After submitting my portfolio for review by my Teacher Education professors, I recently received the exciting news that it has been accepted! This means that I may now go ahead with the certification process, which entails a few more steps.

In the interim, I have taken the Praxis exam (think SAT for incoming teachers), and am waiting for those results. Let's just say I'm not expecting any disappointments on that end.

The decision I'm faced with now is where - in what state - I will pursue my certification. I completed my student teaching program in Vermont ... and am now in a graduate program in Washington State ... without any clear feeling as to where I will go from here.

Luckily, I'm not under any pressure to decide immediately. As I finish my studies, I can hone in gradually on my future, and make the move to apply for certification once I'm more confident as to where that will be.

As for now, though, I can add to the resume: CERTIFIABLE !!




No comments: