Why this blog?

"... Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves ... Do not search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. The point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer." - Letters to a Young Artist, R. M. Rilke

Rooted in the promise and challenge of growth ...

these are letters from a young teacher.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 10 Performance: "When are you gonna grow up?!"

I'm honored to be the Seattle Storytellers Guild's featured storyteller at their monthly series "Tales for a Thursday Evening". Here's the skinny:

My favorite stories are the ones that show you how to be an adult without letting go of the child within. Come hear about some of my journey to adulthood as I share some personal stories and some favorite tales to tell. I spent most of the past year working behind the scenes on publicity for the Guild, while writing my master's thesis on storytellers at the University of Washington, so I'm excited to step up on stage.

Free. Refreshments provided.

Thursday, June 10, 7:00pm
Haller Lake Community Club
12579 Densmore Ave N., Seattle, 98113

For more information:
www.seattlestorytelling.org
www.hallerlake.info

No comments: